I’ve always wanted to write a screenplay, and just haven’t gotten my lazy ass around to doing it. Perhaps you’re in the same boat. That is why, starting September 1st, I am going to be leading an online screenwriting course.
Don’t worry, I won’t be teaching it, I’ll be using the book “The 10 Day Screenplay: How to write a screenplay in 10 days” but will be stretching it out to 10 weeks. There will be weekly coursework and assigned reading.
You must purchase the book to be able to follow along, I got mine on Amazon in ebook form. It’s also available from Barnes and Noble. Technically if you have the book you won’t even have to bother with this “course.’ But the whole purpose of my endeavor is to put deadlines in place so SHIT GETS DONE.
If you would like to join me on my quest to finish a script, here are the steps and rules:
1. To enroll, Paypal me $20 to [email protected] If you finish your script, YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
2. If you DON’T finish your script, the money gets put into a giant pot, and is split with the members who did finish their script. Pretty cool huh?
3. I don’t give a rats ass about the money. And I bet you don’t either. But at least money is something tangible that may motivate you to GET SHIT DONE.
4. This will be about a 2 month course! With 1 to 2 assignments a week, posted every Monday. By the end of it, you will have a script!
5. Assignments must be emailed to me by Sunday of each week. I will just mark down that you turned them in and will not be providing feedback, as I am a student like you.
6. If you are late turning in your homework more than 2 times, you will be disqualified from your money.
7. Assignments and lectures will be in the book assigned. So don’t forget to purchase it! It’s only $6.
8. Have fun and let’s get shit done! I will be posting the first assignment here on Monday and will send out a reminder email each week.
9. Let me know if you have any questions!